Sunday, May 18, 2008

Hooker-barmaid

Ok, so yesterday we decided to go party at the Café Campus. On that night, they had some deals going on, such as free entrance for girls and 1$ beers until 11pm.

Right after we got in, we decided to go get a beer, you know, especially since they were so cheap. So me and my buddy Kevin go and order ourselfs something to drink. We ordered, got our beer and gave the lady one dollar for each beer. That's when the barmaid looked at us and said "Le pourboire est pas inclus hein!" (Tip isn't included eh!)

What the fuck, barmaid? Look, I know how tipping works, it's 15% of what you order. I know it can be a bit more, at a bar or in a club, but what did she expect for a 1 dollar beer!? a few pennies? a "generous" 25 cents? C'mon.

Furthermore, the person serving you shouldn't expect more tipping from you if they ask you for it, espcially in such a cold and bitchy way. She didn't even open a beer bottle, it was in a glass, don't tell me that's hard to do. Sure, I would've tipped her, after maybe 4 or 5 dollars/beers. Heck, tip is optional, I give some if I enjoy the service. Bitchy barmaids aren't getting any money from me.

Anyway, just after she said that, me and Kevin looked at each other, stunned. We didn't know what to say, what kind of barmaid "asks" for tip? I guess he felt more guilty than I did, she ended up getting a tip equal to 100% of what his beer costed. Good job, bitch.

Only hookers should be allowed to ask for tip, as far as I know, that barmaid had quite the attitude to be one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

waoh! You're last sentence was kind of mean, LOL! "hooker".. How can you ask customers to pay tips? I just don't get it! But when the beers are only 1$, it must be a bad night for the barmaids...

Anh Khoi Do said...

Man, that barmaid in question seems sticky, in a manner of speaking. Anyway, I guess that she wouldn't get away from Kevin and you unless she receives a tip.