Monday, September 13, 2010

Soul-searching

A time comes where you question your own identity. I guess that’s a phase you’re suppose to overcome by the end of your teenage years. If that’s that case, that means I have to work on myself quite a bit…

As silly as it may seem, I feel like cutting my hair would me a great way to launch a domino effect that would help me get my life back on the tracks. You know, get a part time job, move out, and eventually finish college. Is that the answer, though? My hair is very dear to me, it’s how people pick me out of a crowd, it’s how people remember me from a party. It’s also an object of jealousy among girls (that volume, they say!) and a great way to keep warm in the winter.

I’ve been trying to decide if it’s a good idea to keep this ridiculous amount of hair on my head. It’s not just a haircut to me, it’s a heart-breaking change to who I am. This is not an easy decision, by any means! Obviously, the best way to solve this is to ask the internet for advice. I will therefore put up a poll, and the result will help me decide.

The Hair is on the line!


...or maybe I can just blame everything on this guy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WITHOUT YOUR HAIR, HOW CAN YOU ATTAIN GREATNESS THAT WAS THIS?! http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/v/voltaire/portrait.jpg

Zeefer said...

If for whatever reason you do decide to get it cut off, make sure to do something ridiculous to it first, like color it or something.

PrincessK said...

If you think that cutting your hair will be a strong enough motivation for you to get your life on the track that you want it to be on, then I say go for it. It may not seem like a big deal to others, but hair decisions are a big deal to people who are known for their hair! I'm used to seeing you with longer hair, so I think it look better this way, but it'll probably look just fine even if you were to cut it.

Change is good. And eventually you can still grow it back again, you just have to deal with the awkward middle growth stage.

HAIR said...

MATSAM ITS ME YOUR HAIR DONT KILL ME MATSAM YOURE MAKING A HUGE MISTAKE

Anonymous said...

You will miss it, it will not feel at all right, and you'll be regretting it when it doesn't grow in right. The last time I cut my hair was for a job I didn't even end up getting, and it broke a vow that I'd refrain from doing so for a year. Although, it WOULD keep a certain person...thing....away. *CoughRikaCough* :P

Ninnie said...

Ben la tu m'étonnes pis pas à peu près! Je pensais que c'était ce qui te représentait et ce que tu ne voudrais jamais changer. T sais ce que j'en pense... mais sérieux si tu décides un jour de te les couper, réfléchis0y comme il faut avant ;)

Jp said...

yo my man!
Just do it! Ca repousse anyway! Meme sans ces cheveux la, tu resteras le meme. C'est pas les cheveux qui font une personne, si c'est ce que tu penses va falloir que tu refasses un peu plus soul-searching plus en profondeur qu'en surface! ;)